I have recently completed work on a website for Elegant Gifts which is a bricks and mortar gift store located in the city centre of Burnie in N.W. Tasmania. Elegant Gifts approached me to build them an online store. They are looking for opportunity to grow their business where they are not confined to the local area and an online strategy was the obvious choice.
This was the first time the business owners had looked into building a website and it was a fairly daunting task for them. I took the time to meet them face to face and discuss their requirements and this project included the following tasks:-
- Consulting at all stages of the project, explaining clearly the requirements to build an online store presence. I selected an online store/E-commerce platform which meets their needs and is scalable for their future needs.
- Walked the customer through the process of obtaining a suitable domain name including a suggested name (which they went ahead with), website hosting and SSL certificate. I sat with them whilst they signed up for these services to ensure there were no problems experienced or questions needing answering.
- Came up with a look and feel for the site using the customer’s logo and one of my standard headers (I have over 500 you can choose from and you can see some examples on this page of this site.).
- Worded all pages including the site’s Frequently Asked Questions and planned the site navigation.
- Devised an approach so that the customer could quickly import more than 50 products into their store, saving countless hours needing to input them manually.
- Set up the store to the customer’s requirements, including such items as store categories, postage charges and taxes. Showed the customer how to use their store in detail.
- Set up and tested the Paypal integration to ensure the store was operational.
- Ensured the site has a backup/restore and security strategy in case of malicious activity or user error.
The online shop/E-commerce platform used also gives the customer the ability when they are ready to sell their products from a Facebook business page or other avenues such as Google Checkout so they have plenty of options available to them.
These are some of my most recent websites. Click on any image to visit the website.