So you’ve got your website up and running and it’s firing on all cylinders. So where are all the visitors! There was a time when getting a good ranking on Google was as easy as employing a few search engine optimisation tricks and you were away. In 2017, using tricks or shortcuts are likely to get your website ranking penalised, or worse still, totally banned from the search engines!
Nowadays, the world wide web is a very crowded place with every man and his dog seeking new customers and opportunities. To be successful you need to be able to showcase your wares in front of your potential customers and keep doing so. That’s right, you need the right strategies to keep your brand in front of your potential customers.
Of course search engine optimisation is a logical place to start because it is virtually free with the only real cost being your required time and energy. It is also a great place to start if you have no money to invest in paid advertising. But be patient …
If you want to achieve a good ranking then you’ve got your work cut out for you. If you wind the clock back 10 years or more, there was a time when you could launch your website and using some clever tactics such as keyword stuffing obtain an excellent Google ranking!
It is important to realise that Google’s indexing algorithms have evolved over time to ensure their customers find relevant content from their internet searches. No surprises there because after all, that is the goal of a search engine. So how does this impact you?
The bottom line is that your website ranking is likely to be in the doldrums, unless you are prepared to put in some serious, hard work!
In 2017 there is a very specific formula/criteria that Google looks at for ranking sites with keywords and you need to consider the following when going after a high ranking:-
- You will need to put together high quality, unique content which demonstrates you are an authority on your subject matter. This includes multiple articles, in some cases as long as 1000 – 3000 words.
- The way you structure your website content plays a major role in your Google rankings.
- You will need to research your keyword phrases thoroughly and come up with a solid site silo and internal linking structure.
- Getting a good ranking requires both on and off page optimisation, making it tough for new websites to gain and retain a good ranking.
All my websites are built with this on page optimisation and I can provide tips on the off page optimisation required to gain a good ranking also.
If you don’t have deep pockets or the luxury of time, there are plenty of other ways to promote your online offerings. I can help, with other tips and strategies which don’t cost the Earth. These include:-
- The use of social media such as Facebook Ads.
- The use of You Tube videos.
- The use of pay per click search engine marketing.
When used correctly, these can be extremely effective when used in conjunction with your website, providing unparalleled retargeting options. Please contact me to find out how I can help with these solutions.
Don’t know where to start?
I’ve put together a free mini email course that will help you on your way. To enroll, simply enter your first name and email address on the right and I’ll do the rest.
You will receive lots of information and ideas including the following important topics:-
- Tips on choosing an effective domain name.
- Getting to know your ideal customers.
- Finding and selecting keyword phrases to target.
- Determining your website goals.
My Promise to You
- I will provide an initial consultation free of charge where I will find out what you are seeking.
- I will advise if I can help and provide a fixed price quotation for full projects where possible. I will disclose all costs including those of any third party/vendor.
- I will use as little jargon as possible. Yes, there are times when this is unavoidable and when necessary, I will explain it in plain English!
- I will ensure that you are not left in a lurch with any internet marketing solutions.
- I will take the time to ensure you are comfortable with its operation.
- I will provide you with full access to any marketing campaigns and reporting.